Thursday, July 10, 2014

How to Knit: Stockinette Stitch

Stockinette stitch is one of my favorite stitches. I love the way it looks the same on one side. The only down side is that if you don't use some sort of border around the stockinette stitch the edge will curl. You could block your knitting to try and prevent this but blocking isn't something I've done yet for my knitting.

Odd Rows:
You begin with the knit stitch for the entire row.
You can find my tutorial for the knit stitch here.


All odd numbered rows will be knit.
(1, 3, 5, etc)















Even Rows:

All even rows will be purled.
You can find my tutorial for the purl stitch here.















Alternating between one row knit and
the next knit will make the purl side look like the picture above.


And the knit side will look like this.




Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment