Friday, September 6, 2013

Homemade Lip Balm

I don't know about all of you but I get a little nervous when I'm trying something new. Normally I have my partner in crime, Tamara, to try new things with me. It's not so scary trying new things with a friend by your side helping you figure out the directions. 

I've been wanting to make lip balm for a long time now but it has scared me. So when Chrissy, from Mama Chrissy's Creations, offered to host a lip balm class I jumped at the chance. I talked my mom and aunt into taking the class with me.

The whole process was definitely not as scary as I thought and relatively easy. Although Chrissy already had measured out the cocoa butter and beeswax that we needed. The class today has given me the confidence to make my own lip balm in the future. I'm thinking Christmas presents!

Step One: Melt together cocoa butter and beeswax in your base oil.

Step Two: Add vitamin e, grapefruit extract (for antibacterial purposes), and your choice of essential oils. I used peppermint since I love Burt's Bees lip balm. Mix everything together.

Step Three: Pour into your choice of lip balm containers. If balm solidifies just reheat.

Sorry I forgot to take pictures of the process! I'll be sure to take pictures when I try this on my own. You can find my new post with picture tutorial here. Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment