Friday, July 18, 2014

Salt River Bars

My good friend T came over to "bake" these... they sounded so good I broke my gluten free diet to eat some! The recipe can be found here. Of course I changed it a bit for my bars (Surprise!).

Here's what you'll need to make your own:
-1 box Club crackers (I used saltines)
-1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
-1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
-1 cup peanut butter chips
-1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
-Coarse sea salt (I used fine sea salt)

First, line your baking pan with aluminum foil and grease it with cooking spray or you could use coconut oil. Line the bottom with a layer of crackers.
Next, melt the butter and then add the brown sugar, stirring constantly.


Sprinkle some of the peanut butter chips over the crackers.

And pour butter/sugar mixture over the crackers and pb chips.

Next, add another layer of crackers.


Repeat this layering two more times (Crackers, pb chips, butter/sugar syrup).
You should have three layers total now.
Add your final layers of crackers on top and melt the chocolate chips.


After adding the last layer of crackers spread the melted chocolate over the crackers and sprinkle with sea salt.
I used a combination of peanut butter chips and chocolate chips for my final layer (because peanut butter makes everything better!).
Refrigerate for about 20 minutes, cut through the chocolate layer and put back into the fridge.
Serve and enjoy!
(By the way they're delicious and SO worth breaking my diet!)

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment