Saturday, March 29, 2014

Homemade Granola Bars

How can you go wrong when the first word is homemade? Homemade anything is always better!
Even though it's just my hubby and I, we still tend to shop at Costco and buy things in bulk. When it comes to paper towels I'd rather have a ton and not run out. However, buying granola bars in bulk was not my smartest idea. I've been wanting to try making my own granola bars but want to wait till we finished jumbo box.

I found the basic recipe I used here. I added in dried fruit and chocolate chips.

Here are my ingredients plus vanilla extract.


Mix together 1 cup peanut butter and 1 cup honey. (After tasting the end result my husband and I agree that we want to cut back on the honey next time.) Add in vanilla extract, whatever you're adding (for me fruit and chocolate chips) and the oats.

Press the granola mixture into a pan. If it's sticking to your fingers you can use wax paper to press it down. I then put it in the oven at 250 for 5 minutes to let the chocolate chips melt into the bars. Cut them into bars or bite size and enjoy!

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment