Friday, February 14, 2014

Repurpose, Reuse, Recycle

Do you have things laying around your house that you save for sentimental reasons but don't know what to do with it? Repurpose it! I've taken some vases and turned them into dressing table storage for my makeup brushes. The flower pot from the first flower my husband ever gave me when we were dating is in our office and holds pens, pencils, scissors, etc. Our sheets with holes are used to cover our plants when it freezes. Old pillows that were to lumpy to sleep on have been added into the dogs bed for some extra cushion. The kiddy pool my nieces outgrew is great for the dog to play in during the summer!

There are so many things you can reuse that we just normally throw away. Paper towel and toilet paper rolls are great for kids crafts or can bent into different shapes and used as stamps, they can be painted or colored for different holidays, tape the ends off and cut a slit in the side for a diy piggy bank. Combine your left over scraps of yarn into a colorful blanket or scarf! Old egg cartons are great for sorting beads, crafting supplies, etc.

What do you do to repurpose things around your house?

These are the flowers that my husband gave me for Valentines day last year.
The vase has been sitting in my kitchen for the last year.


The accent color in our bedroom is red and I thought why not use
 this vase that has been sitting around for months into storage!



Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment