Friday, January 3, 2014

Painted Jars/Vases

Happy New Year everyone! One of my New Year's resolutions for this year is to get organized. I spent the last part of 2013 helping my parents clean out their garage and taking all of my stuff that they've been storing for me for the last few years. In there I found some wonderful memories as well as some not so wonderful ones. It was great to go through everything and figure out what I want to keep and what I'm willing to get rid of.

All of that has inspired me to clean and organize my own house... my craft room is the first room on my list. While my craft room is functional it got messy during the knitting of Christmas scarves. Now that my huge project is done I want my craft room to be super organized... especially since I have new crafting supplies to add in there.

Of course I don't do anything without a little pizzazz! So to start my craft room organization I decorated some matching jars for my knitting needles and crochet hooks. This is something I've been wanting to do for a while now but hadn't gotten around to do yet. 
I love the matching jars! It is totally coincidence that I have them... I got the big one from my dad and the smaller one from my good friend Tamara. I'm totally sentimental so these jars will always remind me of them :)
I found my inspirations here. The blog my inspiration came from is in a different language but has a picture tutorial. So I squirted my paint in and tried swirling it around...
But I wasn't getting the results I wanted. I was hoping to get some paint drops running down the sides. So I watered down the paint a bit.

I wanted a little extra pizzazz for my bigger jar and added a black dot border.
The end result is some beautiful unique storage for my craft room.
I can't wait for them to dry so I can start using them!
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment