Friday, January 17, 2014

Chocolate Spritz Cookies/Cookie Press Cookies


After some minor out patient surgery yesterday I haven't been feeling much like crafting. As part of my recovery I felt I was in need of chocolate today. So I decided to try out my new Christmas present (a cookie press) and bake some cookies.

Here is my brand new cookie press!
Here is what you'll need for the recipe: 1½ cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter (room temp), 1 cup granulated sugar, ½ teaspoon salt, 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract, 2 large eggs, room temperature, 3½ cups all-purpose flour, ½ cup cocoa powder,
optional: a
ssorted sprinkles or jimmies for decorating
Preheat oven to 375F. In stand mixer beat together butter, sugar and salt.

Add eggs & vanilla one at a time, beat until smooth.
Gradually add  in flour and cocoa powder 1/2 cup at a time. 
Mix until a soft dough is formed.
Spoon into cookie press and choose your shape disc.
 Press dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake for 8-10 minutes. Let cool on rack and enjoy!

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment