Saturday, October 12, 2013

Knitting Nemo

If you remember from last year my husband and I teach Sunday school, Kindergarten to be exact. We have a color day each semester, where we all dress to the max in the appropriate color and celebrate how much Jesus loves us. The kids are encouraged to bring friends. It's a great way to have fun with the kids and reinforce that Jesus loves us. The class that has the most of the color per student wins a prize. In the Fall our color day is orange and in the Spring our color is red.

Last year when we had orange day we weren't aware of how competitive this can be and weren't prepared. So to prepare for red day I knit red hearts for the girls and red fish for the boys. To prepare for orange day this year I'm knitting Nemo (orange fish) for the kids.


I'm trying out smaller needles this time around 4.5 mm instead of 6 mm. Because of the needle size difference I had  to adjust my original pattern. You can find my original pattern here.


My adjusted pattern: Cast on 1 Row 1: knit 1 Row 2: knit 1 make 2 Row 3: knit 1 make 1, knit 1, knit 1 make 1 Row 4-9: knit across Row 10: knit 2 together, knit 1, knit 2 together Row 11: knit across Row 12: knit 2 together, knit 1 Row 13: knit across Row 14: knit 1 make 1, knit 1 Row 15 : knit 1 make 1, knit 1, knit 1 make 1Row 16: knit across Cast off




Here is a chart for the little fish:

X
XX
XXXXX
XXXXX
XXXXX
XXXXX
XXXXX
XXXXX
XXXXX
XXX
XXX
XX
XX
XXX
XXXXX
XXXXX


No comments:

Post a Comment