Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Homemade Heating Pad

For those of you who are unaware October is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness month. It is even more significant to me this year because I just miscarried our third child. I want to share with you a homemade heating pad I made a few years ago. While only God can help to ease the emotional pain of miscarriage the heating pad has helped me tremendously with the physical pain.

The heating pad was very easy to make. I took some extra fabric that was lying around my craft room. Cutting two symmetrical pieces and sewing, with wrong sides together, three of the four sides. I filled mine with oats about half way full. You can also use rice or add essential oils for aromatherapy. After filling it, sew up the remaining side and you're done!

Heat in the microwave and place on any sore area. There are many possibilities to tweak this craft. I'm thinking a smaller version to fit in your pockets during winter would be great!

Happy crafting! 

Here is a picture of my homemade heating pad. Best thing I've ever made!

No comments:

Post a Comment