Saturday, May 30, 2015

Protect Your Door From Your Wreath Hanger

For years I've used a wreath hanger on our front door but little did I know what damage it was doing to the door. After getting our house repainted last year my husband didn't want me putting it back up so it wouldn't damage the new paint. 

Of course I still wanted to hang my wreaths on the door, so I had to come up with a solution. I got to thinking... how can I protect the door? I kept thinking I must be able to put something on the inside of the wreath hanger (that you wouldn't be able to see) that will protect the door's paint from getting scratched. This is what I came up with....

 What you'll need to protect your door:
- felt (scraps will do)
- a pair of scissors
- a hot glue gun

The greatest part was I already these things I already had around the house.

Step 1: Cut two felt pieces to fit the door hanger.

Step 2: Hot glue felt pieces onto the wreath hanger.

Step 3: Let glue dry and decorate your door!
 Happy Crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment