Friday, May 1, 2015

DIY Buttermilk

Have you ever gone to bake something and realize the recipe calls for buttermilk but you don't have any? Did you know you could make your own??? I was amazed when my uncle taught me how to make my own buttermilk! It has been a life saver since buttermilk is not a staple in our house. However, we normally always have milk & lemon juice (or white vinegar)  and that's all you need to make your own buttermilk!

You'll need:
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Tablespoon
- Milk
- Lemon Juice / White Vinegar
{For this tutorial I used white vinegar.}

First, measure your milk. Pouring it just under the actual amount you need.

My recipe called for 3/4 cup milk.

Next mix in 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice or white vinegar.
 
Let stand at room temp for 5-10 minutes.
Use immediately.

It is that easy! Seriously!
So if you're like me and don't use a ton of buttermilk, don't buy it! Make it!

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment