Thursday, April 16, 2015

Green Eggs and Easter Ham

This has become a tried and true recipe in our house. I used this recipe for the first time three years ago when I made my first Easter dinner and my first ham. My husband and I loved the recipe so much that I've never used any other ham glaze. He says it's a tradition now and that Easter isn't complete without my ham. The man loves me and my cooking :)

I realized when preparing this years Easter ham that I haven't shared this awesome recipe with all of you yet! So if you're looking for an awesome ham recipe, this is IT!

To make the glaze you'll need:
- a bowl to mix it in
- a liquid measuring cup
- a basting brush
- 1/3 measuring cup
- 1 Tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon

The glaze ingredients:
(1 Bone-in Ham)
- Dijon Mustard
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Brown Sugar
- Black Pepper
- Rosemary
- White Wine or Champagne
(We don't include the alcohol, as there are some family members that don't like alcohol.)
Combine all ingredients, except the alcohol.
If you're going to include alcohol in the recipe it goes in later.

1/3 cup brown sugar

Add 3 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar

Add 3 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard

Add 1 teaspoon Black Pepper

My mortar and pestle comes in handy to crush rosemary!

Add 1 Tablespoon crushed rosemary

Next, mix the ingredients together.


Seriously the BEST glaze EVER!

Cook the ham according to package directions. Basting it periodically while it cooks.
This year we used a spiral cut but other hams will need to be scored before basting and cooking.

Enjoy this wonderful ham for next Easter or an occasion!
We sure do!

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment