Friday, January 16, 2015

Knit Baby Hats

There are not many knitting patterns that scare me but anything that has to fit sure does! I have yet to knit sweaters, hats, mittens, or socks because of it. Especially since family members that I would be more likely to knit these types of things for live out of state and I have no way to measure or have them try it on to make sure it fits.

These hats were my perfect first hat project because they didn't have to fit! But the fact that they don't have to fit is horrible! These hats were knit for a woman who after years of infertility, had finally conceived twins, but miscarried. These hats are to help her grieve.... to give her something tangible to hold onto while she cannot hold her babies. I know from personal experience that it's not enough but it can help a little.

The patterns used were based on the Super Stretchy Angel Cap pattern found here. I wanted the hats to be similar but different because each baby is unique. 



Hat A:
Rows 1-6
Rows 7-10 (repeated twice)
Decreased 1 round

Hat B:
Rows 1-6
Rows 7-10 (repeated twice)
9 rounds of rib stitch


Maybe someday I'll knit three more to remember my little ones.

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment