Monday, October 13, 2014

How To Knit: Selvedge Stitch

Having completed my most recent knitting projects, I was looking through Pinterest to find inspiration for my needles. I found a cute little project that wouldn't take long to knit up. I decided to give it a go. However, there was something in the instructions that I had never done (I'm always up for a challenge!), a selvedge stitch. The selvedge stitch is done with the first stitch of each row to create a neat edge on your work. From my google search of selvedge stitch there are a few different styles and ways you can do it. This is the way I learned...

Step 1: With the working yarn facing you, slip the first stitch knit wise.



Step 2: Take the working yarn and place it behind your work
(between the first and the second stitch).
Knit the rest of the row as normal.


Continue these two steps for for all rows to create a neat edge.

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment