Friday, September 19, 2014

How To Knit: Switching Needle Lengths

If you ask my husband he will tell you that I'm very smart or creative but sometimes it takes me a time or two to figure out an easier way to do things. This was one of those times....

Now if you follow me on Twitter or Instagram you've seen glimpses of this blanket that I'm working on. Thankfully I'm almost three-quarters of the way done. For this blanket I've been switching between two different sets of circular needles. If you're unfamiliar with the types of knitting needles check out my blog post here. Both size US 10 - one 16" and one 48". 

While working on the first half of the blanket going from shorter to longer I painstakingly transferred each stitch over to the longer needles. When getting closer to getting ready to transfer back to the shorter needles an amazing thought occurred to me. Instead of just moving them over (and possibly twisting them in the process) I can knit them onto the other needles. I admit I felt like a genius lol. It was so much simpler this way! After finishing a row I took the longer needles with all the stitches in my left hand and the empty shorter needles in my right hand and knit the next row.










Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment