Monday, September 1, 2014

Back To School - Labor Day of Love

Today on this labor day I'm showering my husband with love! He's slept in, gone to the shooting range with our friend L, while I stayed home and did laundry. We've had breakfast/lunch courtesy of L. Now I'm making my husband his favorite granola bars! Of course I'll help him enjoy the granola bars as well hehe.

For us back to school is a little different then most. I'm not rushing around trying to make sure my kids have all of the supplies they need on their list or finding the perfect backpack. We don't have kids yet but we are still going back to school (my husband is anyways). These granola bars are the perfect balance of fruity and sweet and are a great on the go breakfast.



What you'll need to make your own:
-3 1/2 Cups oats
-1 1/2 Cups peanut butter (I used smooth)
-1/2 Cup honey (local honey is always great if you can)
-1 TBSP vanilla extract
-1 Cup add ins
(I used 1/2 cup organic trail mix [which includes almonds, cashews, pumpkin seeds, dried apples, dried blueberries, dried cranberries, & yogurt chips], 1/4 cup dried berries & cherries, 1/4 cup chocolate chips)
-1/4 Cup toppings (I used the organic trail mix to top it off)



Step 1: Measure peanut butter (1 1/2 cups)
and microwave for about 30 seconds to soften.


Step 2: Add honey (1/2 cup)
(I prefer local honey because it's great for our allergies)


Step 3: Add vanilla extract (1 TBSP)




Step 4: Mix together ingredients.


Step 5: In a large bowl measure out oats (3 1/2 cups)


Step 6: Add the peanut butter/honey/vanilla mixture into the oats
& mix well.


Step 7: Mix in your add in ingredients.
All add in ingredients should add up to 1 cup.


Mix well.


Step 8: Press mixture into your pan and add your toppings.
Press toppings into granola mixture.


Step 9: Bake @ 250F for 10 minutes.


Step 10: Let granola cool and cut into bars
(I love my plastic server so I don't scratch my pan!)




Enjoy!
Download your granola bar recipe card here.
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment