Monday, January 28, 2013

Wooden Christmas Wreath

I saw this in a Lowe's creative ideas magazine. It was a smaller version for ornaments but I loved it so much I set out to make it larger. I love this wreath because even thought I originally made it for Christmas, I keep it out all year long. It adds a nice touch of color to my coat closet door.

What you'll need to make your own:
  • Wooden poplar buttons (various sizes)
  • Glue
  • Paint
Step 1: Arrange poplar buttons in desired pattern and size.

Step 2: When you have decided on your pattern for the wreath, glue the poplar buttons together. I started by gluing my base layer edges together. Next, gluing my second layer on top of the first, alternating sizes (making sure you couldn't see the glue). To finish, I glued my smallest poplars on the underside to give it even more dimension.

Step 3: Paint wreath color of your choice. Hang and enjoy!

My wreath all glued together.

The finished product!


Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment