Monday, December 10, 2012

Cleaning a burnt stove

A burnt stove is what happens when I'm trying to multitask. I tried boiling chicken while doing other things and the pot boiled over. I found this method of cleaning the stove on pinterest (Imagine that!) and thought I would give it a try. To my surprise it worked VERY well and I didn't have to use a ton of elbow grease! It's a keeper!

What you'll need: Rubber gloves, Baking soda, Bucket of hot soapy water, and a towel or cleaning rag


The burnt stove before cleaning.

Step one: Generously cover area with baking soda.
I was very generous with the baking soda and would use less next time I do this.
It made a bit of a mess with this amount of baking soda.

Step two: Place towel/rag in bucket of hot soapy water
(mix some dawn dish soap into the hot water),
ring out so it is wet but not dripping. Place towel over baking soda area.
Let sit for 15 minutes. 

Step three: After 15 minutes are up scrub the stove in a

circular motion with the baking soda. 

*Note: Ladies you will definitely want to use the rubber gloves 

for this part because the baking soda is very harsh on the hands!*

Viola! Good as new!

Happy Crafting & Cleaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment