Monday, September 10, 2012

Memo Board

A simple DIY memo board. What you'll need:


-old cookie sheet (it doesn't matter what it looks like. It will get spray painted.)

-spray paint in the color of your choice
-modge podge
-scrapbook paper
-paint brush


First it is important to make sure magnets can stick to your.cookie sheet. I went to goodwill and picked up an old cookie sheet for $2 since I didn't have an old one at home. My kitchen is black and green so I chose to spray paint the cookie sheet black. Pick out a few pieces of scrapbook paper to modge podge onto the cookie sheet.



Once the cookie sheet has dried, apply a liberal amount of modge podge across the bottom side of the cookie sheet with a paint brush. I used a foam paint brush so that brush strokes would not show in the modge podge. Using the raised edge of the cookie sheet towards the wall allows the nail to rest against the edge for easier hanging.



For my memo board I used green and black scrapbook paper along with a laser cut apple patterned scrapbook paper. First I measured out the paper. I cut two squares of green, black, and apple scrapbook paper. Then I took my scallop edged scissors and trimmed the border of my paper.



Next place the scrapbook paper onto the modge podged cookie sheet. You can create any pattern you like with scrapbook paper you like. I alternated the green and black paper. Placing the green apple paper over the black paper for definition. Smooth out any air bubbles as best as possible. I realize that the cookie sheet was already painted black but I still chose to use black paper for uniform texture and scalloped edge.



After this has dried apply a coat of modge podge on top of the scrapbook paper to harden everything. When that has dried spray with modge podge sealer.



Once everything has dried just hang and add magnets! The beauty of this is that you will have a unique memo board, that I guarantee no one else has!



No comments:

Post a Comment