Saturday, March 26, 2016

Little Jelly Bean

I'm back after a long hiatus. I've happily been busy with my first born. Yes I've had a baby! I know I'm prejudiced but he's the cutest thing ever!

I kept thinking about blogging but I was busy working on a nursery (I have lots to share!)
After nine wonderful weeks of motherhood I ventured back into baking. A new cookie recipe tempted me (jelly bean cookies). If you know me, you know I have a weakness for cookies! You can find the recipe here

My husband, J was doing yard. He came in the kitchen surprised to find me baking (I haven't in months - with a newborn who has time?!). Well I finally found a recipe crazy enough that he wasn't trying to sneak a taste before the cookies were done! We'll see how the kids like the cookies tomorrow!


Cream shortening & sugar (I substituted butter).
Add egg, milk & vanilla.

Whisk together (seperately) flour, salt & baking powder.

Add flour mixture into sugar mixture.

Mix completely.

Stir in jelly beans.
I used Starburst jelly beans.


Side note: I love this scraper spatula that my mom got me for Christmas.

Place on cookie sheet.

Bake & enjoy!

This is how I bake with a newborn!
Baby L is the cutest reason for not blogging!

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment