Sunday, March 15, 2015

Fixin Stitches

I'm the first to admit that I'm not perfect and nether is my knitting. I do, however, have perfectionist tendencies. If I've made a mistake in the row I'm knitting (or even a few rows back) I'm undo my stitches and fix it. Usually if the mistake is over five rows ago, the mistake stays! As my Mom says "It adds character"!

Today I'm going to share with you some ways that I've found helpful in fixing knitting mistakes...


There are many useful tools to keep in your knitting "toolbox".
Some of the great tools in my collection are a stitch holder
(a wonderful gift, from a wonderful friend!)
and a crochet hook.





A crochet hook is great for reversing a stitch from knit to purl (and vice versa). This was something amazing I discovered while working on a complex pattern. I had made a mistake with a few stitches but did not discover it until I was working on the next row. Because it was only a few stitches I didn't want to undo the row I was working on and half of the previous row to fix a few stitches.

With my previous row on the left needle, my fixed stitch on the stitch holder, and my current row on my left,
I removed a stitch off my left needle and took out the working yarn from the stitch.

Here is a close up view.
On my left needle you can see the first stitch
is currently knit.

After taking out the working yarn, I moved the working yarn in
front of the stitch and using my crochet hook pulled it through to the back
of the loop. The stitch is now purl.
I added it onto my stitch holder and continued correcting stitches.



I have found that this is an awesome way to correct stitches without having to take out an entire row for a few stitches. I hope you find this helpful. Let me know if you have any questions!

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment