Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Give Thanks for Cranberry Dip

Thanksgiving is almost upon us and there is much to be thankful for! I am thankful for my wonderful husband (happy birthday baby!), our health and happiness, great family,traditions, a future full of possibilities, and most of all my God who loves me so much that He died for me!

Something that is becoming a tradition is my cranberry dip for Thanksgiving. I LOVE this stuff... it's delicious! I also love that it is easy to make. The original recipe can be found here but I've made a few small changes. I originally did it because the first time I made it the night before Thanksgiving a few years ago I didn't have enough of the ingredients so I made some substitutions and we all liked it so much that way that I've never followed the recipe exactly.

Ingredients: 24 oz fresh cranberries, 1/2 cup green onion, 1/2 cup cilantro,
1 medium-large jalapeno, 2 Tablespoons lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon cumin,
1 cup (each) granulated sugar & brown sugar, a pinch of salt,
2 (8 oz) containers of cream cheese, and crackers.

Step 1: Rinse cranberries and chop in food processor.
I use my Ninja for this and did the cranberries in a few rounds.
After put chopped cranberries into a medium glass bowl.

Step 2: Chop cilantro, green onion, and jalapeno.

Step 3: After coarsely chopping the cilantro, green onion, and jalapeno,
place into the food processor for a finer chop. Add ingredients to the cranberries.

Step 4: Add lemon juice and stir together.

Step 5: Add cumin and salt, stirring all ingredients.

Step 6: Add granulated sugar

and add brown sugar.

Stir all ingredients until well combined.
Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let the cranberry mixture marinade over night.


Spread cream cheese onto a platter, covering it with your cranberry mixture. Serve with crackers and enjoy!

I would love to hear what all of you are thankful for this year.
So please leave me a comment.

Happy Crafting and Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment