Thursday, July 4, 2013

Red, White, and Brownies

Today I am making pumpkin swirl brownies at the request of my Dad. This was a recipe I made for the first time at Thanksgiving last year. It was such a hit with my family that my cousin requested them for her birthday a few weeks later. My Dad casually mentioned this week that he has some pumpkin sitting around his house and that he doesn't want to wait till Thanksgiving for the brownies.

I racked my brain trying to come up with something red, white, and blue for independence day and have the craft be something that I actually want to make and would use. Not something I'm making JUST because it's red, white, and blue. So here it is red, white, and BROWNIES!




What you'll need: 1/2 cup butter, 1 cup chocolate chips, 2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 3/4 cups sugar, 4 large eggs, 1 Tbsp vanilla, 1 1/4 cups solid-packed pumpkin, 1/4 cup canola oil, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp nutmeg (The nutmeg is optional but I use it).

In a saucepan melt together the butter and chocolate chips, over medium low heat.

Stirring constantly until smooth.

Set chocolate aside and let cool.

In a bowl place flour, baking powder, and salt.

Whisk ingredients together and set aside.

In a stand mixer, beat together eggs, sugar, and vanilla.

Beat the ingredients until fluffy.

Beat in the flour until just combined.

Take two medium bowls and put half of the batter into each bowl. In one add chocolate mixture.

Mix until all ingredients are combined.
In the other bowl add the pumpkin, oil, nutmeg, and cinnamon.

Mix ingredients until fully combined.


Place half of the chocolate mixture into your 8x8 greased pan and smooth into the bottom of the pan.

Next add half of the pumpkin mixture on top of the chocolate mixture and smooth out.

 Take a spoon  and drop spoonfuls of both pumpkin and chocolate mixture  on top of the chocolate and pumpkin layers. With the tip of a butter knife or your spatula swirl the batter together. Bake at 350 degrees for  40-45 minutes.

Let the brownies cool in the pan and enjoy!



Happy Crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment