Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Mending

At times like this I am so thankful to have the space in our house for a dedicated craft room. It makes it so much easier for me to sew and craft. I don't have to lug out my sewing machine every time I want to do something. My sewing machine has it's own permanent spot on my desk!

Last week I decided to wear a top I hadn't worn in a while. When I put it on I discovered the majority of the hem had come undone. Because I had already decided that was the shirt I wanted to wear and my sewing machine is set up I went into my craft room to sew a new hem.






Since I didn't have thread that matched exactly I chose a contrasting color and sewed a zigzag hem for some flair. Even though the hem around the sleeves were fine I also sewed zigzag over the hem so it would all match. I love that my plain shirt has some extra flair now!



The hem on my tank top had also come out so I sewed a matching hem into that one as well. I love that I have enough craftiness in me to fix the hem instead of just getting rid of the shirt!
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment