Thursday, July 25, 2013

Chocolate + Oats = O'Henry Bars

My husband and I ordered dinner to go from one of our local favorite restaurants last week. While paying I noticed an oat bar that looked absolutely delicious. Of course I was good and I didn't buy one but I couldn't get them off my mind so I thought I would try to make something similar. I scoured pinterest until I found O'Henry Bars.
To make your own O'Henry bars you'll need: Oats, Peanut Butter, Brown Sugar, White Sugar, Butter, and Chocolate Chips.

Put butter and sugars in a bowl

and beat together.

Then add the oats.

In a microwave safe bowl, add the chocolate chips and peanut butter.

Melt and mix together.

Pour the oat mixture in a greased pan.Now this next part is very important (Yes that means I screwed up this part!) Bake the oatmeal mixture for about 15 minutes.

After baking pour the chocolate-peanut butter mixture over the oat crust.

Refrigerate the bars to set the top layer and enjoy! 
I messed up by not baking the oatmeal crust before pouring the chocolate on top. I didn't realize my mistake until after the chocolate set. So I just popped it in the oven (while it was preheating so that the pan and everything could heat up with the oven). It's not a good idea to place an ice cold pan straight into a hot oven! I figured since the chocolate mixture was melted to begin with it wouldn't hurt to remelt it. It all turned out fine in the end.
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment