Friday, October 26, 2012

Bean Bag Toss

Home made bean bags and bean bag toss.... our church is having a Fall Family Festival tomorrow. A good way for our community to have some alternative halloween fun! Each Sunday school class needs to come up with a booth for the event and since my husband and I are teaching kindergarten I wanted a booth that our class could easily participate in.


My inspiration for this project came from Better Homes & Gardens. I wanted something we could easily make ourselves. We took two spare boxes and spray painted them black. Grabbed some craft paper and free handed pumpkins. My husband decided to use his staple gun to attach the pumpkins to the boxes. (What can I say? Men like their tools!) I found the cute halloween material on sale at Walmart and thought it would be PERFECT for the bean bags.



To make the bean bags I measure a 6x6 square and gave them a quick once over with the iron. I sewed the bean bags with wrong sides together with a 1/2 inch seam. Sewing all 4 sides and leaving an opening to turn things right side out as well as insert the beans. After filling the bags with beans I sewed the side with the opening again to make sure everything stayed in place.



I know the bean bag toss isn't perfect but it will definitely serve its purpose and total spent on the project was $3 for the material (don't worry there is still material left over lol) and we already had everything else. Can't beat that!





P.S. I'm thinking of putting it out for my little cousins to play with when we host Thanksgiving at our house this year!
Happy Crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment